Hear it from Dr. Riordan
We hope this letter finds you and your family in continued good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last several months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. We are glad we have been able to reopen and resume treating patients while keeping them and our staff safe. We certainly appreciate your patience as we work diligently to get everyone back into our schedule safely. We are working hard to address the demand for appointments and will make use of our wait list for any patients needing to get in sooner than currently scheduled.
As we approach 2021, we want to continue to ensure everyone’s safety and remain in compliance with the recommendations made by the ADA, the CDC, OSHA and the NY State Board.
Please note the changes that have been made below when you return for your next visit:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked the same questions when you arrive.
- If you are coming from out of state, you may need to get a negative COVID test 3 days before arriving to NY, and 3 days after you have arrived to avoid a mandatory 14 day quarantine. Latest guidelines can be seen here.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive. Anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees will be asked to reappoint.
- Our entire team will be screened (questionnaire and temperature) and tested on a regular basis.
- Hand washing and face coverings are required upon entering the office.
- You will notice our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s books, etc. as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean there are fewer scheduling options since we need to reserve early mornings for our higher risk patients.
- We want to minimize or eliminate your wait time in the reception area. No more than 3 patients will be in the waiting area at a time and please remain 6 feet apart.
- We ask that all patients over the age of 18 arrive without any friends or family members.
- Clinical staff will be wearing n95 masks, face shields, hair coverings, shoe coverings, scrubs and gowns.
- Air filters are strategically placed all around the office and an air disinfection system has been installed.
Please keep in the mind this virus is easily killed with soap and water. The best thing you can do is wash your hands often. While we are taking every measure possible to keep you safe, staying home is the only way to eliminate your exposure to the corona virus. If you are high risk or have any concerns we are happy to discuss if coming to the dentist is the right option for you now.